Dear praying friends,
Tonight we begin taping my new bible study, STONGER here in Nashville. There will be two nights with an audience then Thursday and Friday for the extras. Will you pray with me for:
- My dear LifeWay team and production crew. They are all friends who I have worked with previously. I don’t know a more selfless group of people who truly work tirelessly for the name of Christ. They are also the best anywhere. We’re taping this week in the same room Beth Moore taped the James bible study last year. God has already worked mightily in that room. Humbled.
- All the ladies traveling here for these two nights. Safety. Care for their loved ones. And most of all, fresh revelation and encouragement for their souls. The gospel is the center-piece of everything I’m doing here. May their hearts come awake to it’s power, for the very first time or afresh.
- My sweet family. I miss them. Scott is traveling here tomorrow night. My daddy and his parents are taking care of everyone while he comes.
- My final study preparations today and tomorrow morning. I have been studying like a seminarian in final exams and truly loving every single minute. I am certain that I have over studied, so I’m stilling asking God what and what not to include.
- The teaching – I can retake a line if I have totally flubbed, but for the most part, I am supposed to be the one-shot wonder. In the past, God comes on me like Gomer Pyle. Can’t half talk until I stand up and then what comes out is like singing. I would be so greatful to have him lay His sweet anointing on me yet again
- My session content:
1. Becoming the traveling companion of God. Psalm 84 – as most of you know, God has been working this passage out for me for almost a year. It lays the foundation of these sessions. We are pilgrims. The journey toward eternity. For this session I will unfold the passage then camp on verse 5 – “Blessed (stronger) are those whose strength is in you.” All the strength we will ever need for this life is contained in the fullness of God. Forward looking from the passage – God pours the fullness of His deity in Christ (Col 1:19). We are IN HIM, when we come to believe the good news. I’ll present the gospel tonight, first session. And again in every session.
2. Traveling IN HIM. Psalm 84:5 – Picking back up verse 5, we move mostly to Colossians to consider the riches of being IN HIM. Not just for salvation or eternity, but for the journey (our sanctification). Stayed up last night making hand-outs with every IN HIM truth I could find. 3 pages that made me cry like a baby over God’s goodness to us.
3. Traveling in power and joy. The Holy Spirit is Christ’s full representative in us. His work in our daily lives. Our cooperation to “work out our salvation” and the joyful fruit of obedience. Several NT passages here, including 1 Thess 5:16. Be joyful always.
4. Grace for the Traveler – This is a message I gave last year at Beautiful Life about Baca. Psalm 84:5-7
5. The passionate Traveler – A message I have given many times this year. Full of story and strong strong teaching. Hebrews 12:1
6. Going home – Hebrews 12:2 and 2 Timothy 4 . . . Paul has run the good race, fought the good fight. I have also taught this many times and never once gotten through the final story without choking on my tears. It’s especially tender to me this morning as I think of mama going home just 2 months ago.
- me personally – I have spent a good bit of these study days crying my eyes out, but in the best possible way. My heart is so tender and awake to HIS word that I weep and weep over God’s truth and goodness. BUT, it’s just not going to help anybody if I do that at the filming. I’m asking God to hold back the river so that I can speak audible words.
Thank you sweet friends. I am hiding myself in your prayers. It is such a privilege to love you all.
With gratefulness, Oh hallelujah, I am IN HIM and He is stronger than everything,